Cold weather months come with the added expense of heating your home. Whether you heat your space to the point you can parade around in a bathing suit or pile on sweaters and socks as your thermostat stays low, you can glean some tips for using natural gas more efficiently.
1. Seal off unused rooms by closing the registers and keeping the doors shut tightly.
2. Keep furniture away from heating registers.
3. Install a timer that kicks the heat on an hour or so before you will arrive home from work, and shuts if off when you leave.
4. Make sure a clean furnace filter is installed.
5. Wash only full loads in the dishwasher and washing machine.
6. Clean out the dryer lint trap before each load.
Published with permission from RISMedia.